NATIONAL YOUTH SHOOTING SPORTS AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
Since 2008 the National Youth Shooting Sports Ambassador Program has been committed to increasing youth participation in shooting sports and activities while showcasing the qualities of sportsmanship, dedication and youth advocacy. Becoming an Ambassador provides young men and women between the ages of 15 and 19 the opportunity to collaborate with like-minded peers, meet industry influencers and travel to as many as three national-level NRA events. Participants will be selected based upon not only their participation in shooting sports but also academic performance and community involvement.
In an effort to become more inclusive of all youth cooperative programs/entities including NRA State Associations and affiliated clubs the NRA is opening up the application process to all youth that meet the requirements of this application. Anyone that is a high school Sophomore, Junior or Senior is welcome to apply based on the new criteria.
If selected, the Ambassador will be required to:
- Participate in monthly conference calls to discuss the program and the ambassador’s progress in the program
- Write four articles (one per quarter) which may be used in NRA social media postings and may be placed in NRA Official Journals
- Volunteer at a Friends of the NRA Banquet or event
- Complete at least one NRA Training Program that is new to the ambassador
- Organize an NRA Youth Day at a local club or state association
- Travel up to three NRA events to support the NRA mission as ambassadors to our members and industry partners. Additional duties may be assigned by the NRA Cooperative Program Coordinator.