It’s the season of sharing – and we want you to share your stories with us! We’ve partnered with Ariat International to bring FREE Ariat Boots to 200 deserving NHSRA members. We want to hear your stories about you or someone else you know who is putting their best boot forward.
Here’s how to enter for a chance to win:
- Submit a photo and story about how you or another NHSRA member is making an impact in the community by using #AriatBestBootForward
- Tag @ariatinternational and @NHSRA in your post on social media
Terms and Conditions of the Ariat Best Boot Forward Contest
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Best Boot Forward Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to current members of the National High School Rodeo Association (NHSRA) in either the High School or Junior High Division nominated according to the Contest rules and are thirteen (13) years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States of America and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of NHSRA (each individually, a “Sponsor”, and collectively, the “Sponsor”,) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsors as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Contest Period:
Entries will be accepted through the NHSRA Instagram and Facebook pages.
- How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry online at:
This is a skill-based Contest. The object of the Contest is to provide a compelling story about how your nominee (which can be you or someone you know) who is a current HSNRA member, has put their best boot forward and why they should win a pair of Ariat boots and use the hashtag #bestbootforward and #contest. On Instagram, please use an original photo or video on your page describing either in the video or in your comment to the photo how your nominee has put their best boot forward, tagging that individual in the comments and use the hashtag #bestbootforward and #contest. Your profile must be public to participate. For Facebook entries, comment directly onto the NHSRA Facebook page with your original photo or video and describe either in the video or your post how your nominee has put their best foot forward and use the hashtag #bestbootforward and #contest. IMPORTANT: If you are nominating someone other than yourself, please be sure to obtain your nominee’s permission, and tag the nominee in your comment so that we can contact the nominee. To qualify, nominees must consent to our featuring their nomination (including photograph, if submitted) on our social media accounts if they are selected as a winner. We will not post winners’ photographs on social media without their permission.
The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. You may nominate as many NHSRA members as you like, but you may nominate yourself only once. By participating you represent and warrant that you have the nominee’s permission to submit him/her as a contestant. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of NHSRA.
- Prizes: Selected winners will be awarded a gift card to use toward one pair of Ariat footwear, up to $270.00 MSRP.
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Winner selection and notification: 200 winners will be selected a by a three member panel comprising individuals associated with the Sponsor. Entries selected to win “best of” contests requiring photo, text, or other content from the entrants will be judged entirely at the discretion of the Sponsors. Winner will be notified via message to the social media account used to enter the Contest with within five (5) days following the winner selection. Any prize won by a minor may be awarded to his/her parent or legal guardian. NHSRA. shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 48 hours from the time award notification was sent, or if winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest you (and your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if residents of a jurisdiction that deems you to be a minor) understand that NHSRA and anyone acting on behalf of NHSRA., or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation. By entering this Contest, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual property rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless both Ariat International, Inc. NHSRA from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense which either Ariat International, Inc. or NHSRA may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right(s).
- Terms: NHSRA reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, NHSRA. may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by NHSRA. Additionally, NHSRA reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
NHSRA has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same individual in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, NHSRA reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless NHSRA and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to NHSRA Best Boot Forward Contest at 12011 Tejon Street, Suite 900 Denver Colorado 80234. Requests must be received no later than December 31, 2018.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is the National High School Rodeo Association.